Thursday, October 02, 2008

tHe good or the bAd or the uGly......

Well, I am sure that most of you believe in crap like destiny, or fate as they(the enlightened) call it. Till 2 years back my only reaction to this term was bull$hit or total piece of crap. But we all know how comforting life is, reminds us of all the little things we tend to avoid and disregard. And it sure does remind the hard way, there ain't no nicer way to it trust me. Too bad that I actually started liking the torture and grew fond of it, nice retaliation to the almighty :) (up yours). And yes, I am sort of an atheist so please don't hold that against me.

So it so happened that the pot of my bad karma from all my previous incarnations exploded and I was completely smothered in what came out flying in all directions. It all started 3 years earlier (and still continues....) when I got posted in Chennai and thought that my life couldn't have gotten any worse (this was a gross understatement). Things were starting to look very bleak for me and I felt like even before I started my professional career, I was already way down on my personal one. That place was horrible the first few months, gross. No food, no chicks, no hangouts.....I mean every (young bachelors) inquisitive question ended up in a big NO. There was never ever a freakin Yes.

And then after three months things took a turn for worse, my evolution in the new land had begun. The creature had started adapting to the surrounding and finding new avenues to match his instincts. Merrily along similarly evolutioned species with whom yours humbly explored the dark realm of Chennai. No matter how hard the lord tried, the man didn't lose heart (Badde dil wale hain ji). Slowly and steadily we started contacting others who also had been through dark time after being thrown into oblivion (spelled Chennai). All the cursed NO's were turned into YES, future NOs were also planned ahead and transformed as a YES. Life couldn't have been better than that time, such was the adaptation. If Charles Darwin would have been alive, he would have had to quote us in his works on evolution. We witnessed and underwent the change that others to come were to follow, we were the harbingers of all the nuisances one could do in that dreaded place to survive. Some friends of thee still remember the motto "Chennai rocks" very well.

The once Forsaken land was now our Dominion............
and then happened the inevitable.......damn u lord.....those were the exact words this man shouted in distress..........

3 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Goru,
read ur post.

few quotes for u..
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"-George Bernard Shaw.

Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitable bring about right results.-James Allen

With Love
Arvind

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Ratzzz said...

GBS and Allen are old.... my present words are, " u think abt the future and ask Lord wats in store for me?? i think abt the present and introspect Rat, am i doing the right thing"

For all those who think a new place or job sucks, that's because u haven't started exploring or even worse haven't got the right company...

i hope it got better coz of ur friend circle... and yeah i can see u enjoy at Botswana even better..

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Gaurav Sharma said...

wEll, thats life eh.....gOtta find the best in the worst of tHe places.....pRetty optimistic but helps in tHe long run

 

Post a Comment

<< Home